Skip to main content

Review: Love Me While I'm Gone by Diana T. Scott









For a very long time, my biggest accomplishments had nothing to do with what I really wanted. When I decided to give up my mother’s dream and fight for my own, I never imagined choosing one dream could put me on the path of the one I never knew I wanted – meeting him. Collin. He quickly went from a friend to a companion, to soul mate, to heartbreak.

After he left Chicago, leaving me with nothing more than a text message, I only had one sane choice – to act like he never existed and go on with my life. A ghost can’t break your heart.

But now he’s back and he’s prepared to prove me otherwise. Is it possible to love someone against your will?








Review:


      Don't know about you guys, but I was in the mood for cute contemporary books and after reading Our Demons, Best friends I knew this one would work for me. Cute, mushy, mushy romance, lol moments, fresh characters, these things are all here. Warning: you can die of cuteness, like seriously the story makes you smile and laugh and feel like a teenager again. I have to confess that I have a weakness for cute and romantic moments and of course I loved Love me While I'm Gone because this book screams: I'm all sugar and candies and unicorns and cute boy and, and, and. I think I said it before, but I have my own guilty pleasures, if you can call them like that; sometimes you just need an easy cheesy book, that particulary one that makes you feel good and happy and leaves you with butterflies in your stomach. And Diana does that: she writes contemporary novels with a little bit of drama, with a little bit of humor and lots of romantic moments.
     You already know the synops and I'm not going to focus on that, but I will focus on everyhing I loved and appreciated.
     Firstly, I do love when authors understand the importance of friendship because this makes a relationship real. I'm so tired of that insta love that happens in just a second, duh. Our characters are attracted to each other and they addmit it to themselves but they take time to know each other and they are, firstly, friends.
     Secondly, this is not just about the friendship between Em and Collin, it's also about the one between Collin and Sebastian. When Sebastian 's life turns upside down, Collin is there for him, even if he has to sacriface his bond with Em. I know love it's important but you also should be there for your friends (especially ones like Sebastian, who was actually Collin's family) and I love the fact that Diana values this detail.
     Even if there is a sad part I smiled from beginning til the end of the book. Not that I was happy when Em was in pain, but Diana wrote this story is such a cute way. 
     I loved Emily, she was beautiful inside out, funny, honest, that type of girl that you must love because you know she will always be there for you. Shy, but also confident so she makes the first step and there is something so damn nice about it. I think Em is everything a boy needs, a mingle between white and black.

" In a way, this city is a lot like you. Sensitive, but fierce. Exquisite and fascinating"

      What I also enjoyed about her was her behavior towards Collin. Collin deserved a cold shower and I was glad that he make it through because I really liked him despite everything he did. Oh, and those letters... God, I loved those parts and I really hope that you, the one who reads this review, will read Love Me While I'm Gone in order to die of cuteness overload.
Yup, I enjoyed this book so much! 


 If you want to buy her books, there are the right places to:



Barnes&Noble



And, you can check our giveaways HERE and HERE

Comments